Robert Reynoso, Lecturer
"Nursing is a rewarding, yet challenging career. The BSN places the RN in a better position to understand and succeed in the dynamic field."
- MSN-Ed – Kaplan University, 2014
- BSN – Kaplan University, 2012
- AAAS – Shoreline College, 2002
- USAF Veteran
- Cardiology, Pre-Hospital, Critical Care, Emergency (adult & pediatric), Trauma
- Named Southern Nevada Emergency Nurse of the Year for 2008 by March of Dimes
- Nominee, Southern Nevada Emergency Nurse of the Year 2009
- Nominee, Southern Nevada Educator of the Year 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Recognition Award, Centennial Hills Hospital, 2011
- Certificate of Excellence from the Nevada National Security Site for Radiological and Emergency Preparedness, 2012
What do you want students to take away from your classes? What do you want them to learn?
Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. Kindness wins.
What is the value of a BSN?
Nursing is a rewarding, yet challenging career. The BSN places the RN in a better position to understand and succeed in the dynamic field.
Why did you start teaching?
To positively affect the future.
What advice would you give to nurses considering the online RN to BSN track?
As a former associate degree RN, I would advise them to consider that clinical skills and proficiency is a very small part of the world of healthcare. Embrace the bigger picture. The BSN and beyond will help with this.
Why are you interested in nursing? What drew you to this field?
Initially, the adrenalin and chaos of critical care and emergency was alluring. Now, it is satisfying to see the positive change brought on by simple, compassionate care.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
Flexibility and empathy.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that nurses face today?
The changing political landscape and dynamic nature of healthcare.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Tell us something your students may not know about you:
I once fronted an alternative rock band in the early 1990s.